Monday, December 15, 2008

Decorating for Christmas

Every year I get so excited to decorate for Christmas and then when it is time to actually do it, I get all depressed and just don't feel like doing anything. This year was no exception. I did get my tree up last Sunday and attempted to put my village up but got so frustrated with it. For some reason, I can never seem to just put it up and be satisfied. I plan, and move things around multiple times and still it never looks right. Here is my attempt this year. I ended up pushing the kitchen table against the wall and set it up there because Brent said we needed some decorations upstairs and not just in the family room. I think he suggested this so I wouldn't take up anymore space in "his" area of the house. I already hogged up one little corner of the family room for the tree. He even went so far as to suggest that I put it in my bedroom on my dresser!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's cute, mom!
Good job :>

Unknown said...

hey, it looks wonderful! I didn't put a tree up because I gave mine away! and we didn't buy a new one. But, I bought a tiny one to put on my desk and decorated my office to keep in the spirit. I usually go all out and it is crazy! Bob is very relieved this year that I didn't make him put lights up! Remember the house in Erda with the 7000 lights! Those days are gone! But I still love the decorations! NEXT YEAR!

Burrell said...

I love it. Very "Welcome to Christmas"-y.
I get a little frustrated with putting up the holiday decor, too. But this year it wasn't so bad.