Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankfulness

All month long, you've endured reading my blog each day to find out all the things I am thankful for. By now you've probably said at least once to yourself, "Boy she is sure materialistic". I, like most other people do love my "stuff" but don't let this blog be your only judgement on my character. The things that I am truly thankful for are not "things" at all. They are the people and experiences in my life. There are far too many people to name individually but I will name a few.

First, I want to thank my Parents. Although they are no longer on this earth, I feel their presence every day. They taught me right from wrong, good from bad and wisdom to know the differences. They taught me integrity and honorability. They taught me how to love unconditionally.

Next: I want to thank the love of my life, Brent. Thanks honey for sharing your life with me. For standing by me through thick and thin, better and worse. For loving me even when I have a hard time loving myself. For giving me three of the most wonderful children a mother could want.

My Children: I want to thank each of my children for being who you are. For standing up for what you believe in. For making me proud to call you my children. For giving me the most beautiful grandchildren on this earth (hurry up Jeff) and for choosing me as your mom.

The rest of my family: I wish I could express how much love I have for each of you. My brothers, sisters, neices, nephews, cousins etc. Each one of you holds a special place in my heart... "My cup runneth over".

And last but certainly not least: My Heavenly Father for which none of the above would be possible without Him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry mom-I know that you really meant to add that you are also thankful for your grandchildren.....after 4 posts in one day (and helping Kim with hers) I would probably forget too :> They love you just as much as you love them :> (FYI-I am not being sarcastic-it's an honest mistake)
XOXOXO

Unknown said...

Terrie that was such a beautiful, beautiful, beautiful post. And did I hear you once say you were not good with words! HAH! You are very eloquent and express yourself beautifully! I could not have said it better myslef, and....it absolutely brought tears to my eyes to see your love for our Heavenly Father.....you got it in you girl! Love you sis....your big sis.....