Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another thing to cross off my "To Do" List

Just one more thing to cross off my "To Do" list is my bed. About a year or so ago, I decided to copy all those home decorating shows and make my own headboard. It was super easy. I even showed Jenny how and she showed her Sister in-law. I covered it in a purple suede type fabric because of course, purple is my color. I had heard shortly after that, that purple is the new decorating color of choice so I figured it should be easy to find a bedspread to match. NO WAY! The only purple thing I found was a duvet cover that was more maroon than purple. I needed something with a print so it wouldn't blend into my headboard. It's been over a year and I've had no luck. I decided to make my own. I got the inspiration from a pillow I found at IKEA only instead of making stripes, I went with blocks of color instead then sewed the same fabric from the headboard around the edges.

My other project for my bed was to make a frame for it. Most people use bed skirts to cover the box spring. I can't because I have a dog that takes revenge whenever his master leaves for the day. Having to take a skirt off and put it on a couple times a week is much too difficult with a king sized mattress. I got crafty once again and designed this frame. Simply pieces of pine painted black and then pre-made "feet". Brent nailed everything together for me and voila, a new bed. I'm rather proud of myself!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute!
Good job again mom!

Valerie said...

Seriously?! You are amazing.

Tyler and Sheena said...

We have been wanting to do that forever. Much cheaper then buying an entire bed. So for now our mattres' are just on the floor. Makes for a rather boring room. You are so good. Well done!

Unknown said...

wow sis.....see, you are soo amazing! If I were a jelous person (which I can be sometimes) I would hate you...but because I love you and I am NOT a jelous person (only when I wish I were more crafty) I only envy your talents! ENVY, JELOUS, are they the same??????? lolololhehehe