Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Weekly Bowling Scores 9/13/08

OK, so my excuse for such crappy games this week is this:

We went to our usual bowling spot and while there was more than half of the 36 lanes open, not being used, we were told they didn't have ANY open lanes available and it would be around noon before they had maybe two available. We were there at 10:30 am. So, we went to an OLD rinky dink bowling alley down on State Street, about 80th South. Not the best part of town and I didn't even know this place existed but Brent knew about it. It was called Town and Country Bowl. We pulled into the parking lot and the thoughts that ran through my head... Well, I will summarize; We walked up to the front door and the smell of urine cautioned me NOT to go in but we did. It was very dark inside and it reminded me of the real old bowling alleys where only old men go to get away from their wives. The place even smelled like bowling alleys of long ago, smoke filled etc. We decided to bowl anyway since this is now our Saturday ritual, not to mention our only form of excercise. When we left, I put plenty of hand sanitizer on and made sure I washed my hands (and arms up to my elbows) when we got to the restaurant. I'm looking in the phone book for more "family friendly" atmospheres for the next time we can't get into Sandy Lanes.

Terrie 99 / 118 / 97
Brent 126 / 147 / 146

2 comments:

Mandy said...

That is too bad. I don't know how far you want to go, however Fat Cats which is on 3739 S 900 E. It is really fun. My work the past two years has had our work parties there. Also by my house on 7984 S 1300 E is Karen Pullman's bowling. I haven't been there but it looks good. Just a couple of suggestions.

Terrie said...

Karen Pullmans, we don't like because the approach seems short. I did see Fat Cats on the internet and we are keeping that one in mind. Thanks.