Monday, July 14, 2008

Jealousy

Today my phone rang and on the other end was a sweet little voice that said "Hi Oma". I thought it was my sweet little grandson thanking me for the new books I bought him but it was my beautiful little granddaughter instead. She said "Oma, can I come over for a while?" I told her of course but Papa is sleeping to which she replied, "I will be quiet!". I asked her where mama was going and then all of the sudden, Kim came on the phone. Kim said what Aubrey was trying to ask me was if she could come live with me.
The story goes: Aubrey told Kim she was hungry and Kim told her to go look for something and Aubrey said "I don't know what there is" so Kim told her again, Go look and she said "I just don't want to live here anymore" so Kim asked where she wanted to live. Aubrey kept naming names and Kim kept telling her "they don't want naughty girls living with them" and Aubrey said "How about Oma and Papa" and Kim said "Go ahead and call Oma". So Aubrey grabbed the phone and asked Kim what the number was and she dialed it by herself.

I guess she's over it now because I haven't seen them. Kim must have found something yummy to eat. This face says it all. (Lil Orphan Annie dress handmade by me)

2 comments:

The Brownings said...

Just to add to this one, Aubrey packed her backpack up with some stuff she needed to bring with her like some toys and 3 movies. After she showed Kim she said that she forgot something and a few minutes later she said that her blankie is too big but Oma has 2 pillows so she can sleep with her. :> Kim said she must have just given up because a few hours later she stopped asking when it was time to go. hehe

Kim Royer said...

Mom, I think that I still might bring her over with a weeks worth of clothes!