Monday, June 23, 2008

Donating Stuff

Since All My Memories scrapbook store went out of business, we've all been asking "Where am I going to buy my scrapbook supplies? I don't like Robert's set up or selection". So, for about a year, I've noticed this store behind McDonalds on 94th and 7th. I never paid much attention to it before because it's in such a crappy location but since I had no where else to go, decided it was time to visit. Jenny and I went just over a week ago. I spent about $65. Typical amount when I haven't been for a while. I told the lady I was cleaning out my supplies and was going to take them to D.I. She told me that Primary Children's Hospital is always looking for these types of supplies so I decided that it where they will go. I have packed a box full of supplies. There's about a 3 inch stack of printed 12x12 paper, lots of templates for alphabets, shapes etc, decorative scissors, mini accordian scrapbooks ready for photos, thousands of die cut alphabet stickers, box full of embelishments like buttons, eyelets and other cute things. In addition to all this, I am thinking of also giving nearly all of my rubber stamps away. I went through them all and pulled out the ones I use regularly or those that I can't bear to part with because I think I "might" use them someday and what is left is 409 other miscelleneous stamps. Jenny said I should sell them on eBay but I don't want to bother. I would estimate the rubber stamps alone to be over $1000. Most of them have never even been used. Why buy them if I wasn't going to use them? Well, I used to have an addiction to them. When the kids were little, they would spend hours playing with them; coloring on each stamp with different colors then stamping them to see how pretty they were. Now my addiction has moved on to more advanced scrapbooking supplies however, I have been using them lately, not just storing them for Kim and Jenny to come shopping in my closet for.
So, if any of you want to do the same and donate any of your old scrapbook supplies, let me know.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

I wonder what they do with all that stuff at the hospital. Give it to the sick kids to use? I remember your crazy stamp collection!! I used to be so jealous of it when I was little.

The Brownings said...

I might have a few templates to give you and some odds and ends so don't send it off yet. I spent more money at the scrapbook store last night. Gotta do what I gotta do to get my business started!