Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Uhhh, what happened?

The first words out of Brents mouth when he got home from work this morning were, "Hi Honey, uhhh, what'd you do to your hair!?"

Well, let's see; I bought a color called Warm Medium Brown and put it on my hair last night. It turned BLACK. So I got up early this morning and went to the store at 6am and bought another color, one called Light Reddish Brown. I put it on and my hair is STILL BLACK!!!!

The next words out of Brent's mouth were "I hope you aren't planning on going anywhere!", to which I replied "When, anytime in the next three months?" It looks horrible. I have been coloring my hair myself for years and the last two times, the color has really turned out bad. Nothing even close to the color on the box. I don't know if it's my hormones (am I menopausal?) or if they've changed the formula but it's BAD! I have to wait until June 14th to have a professional do it. I really don't want to pay $110 to have my hair done again at a salon so I have to wait until the girl that does Jenny and Kim's hair has an opening. She only charges about half that. So, in the meantime, I will suffer and get laughed at.

5 comments:

The Brownings said...

hahahaha (This is me laughing at you)! Just kidding mom! It actually isn't that terrible! Don't worry-Makaylee will fix it in two weeks!
My dad's funny :>

Mandy said...

Hey Ashley and I love it!!! I think it makes you look younger!!!
What a hotty!!

Valerie said...

LOL I could've warned you about that. I too bought a "warm medium brown" color, and mine also turned almost black. It must be our orange hair or something. :) But don't worry, if your hair is anything like mine, it will fade out a little over the next few days and lighten up. But I actually think it looks cute how it is!

Valerie said...

It also helped to put some caramel highlights in mine. That made it look so much lighter overall. Just an idea.

Burrell said...

OH NO! I guess you should be glad that you didn't pay a fortune to have it done professionally. And I agree with the others, it really doesn't look that bad. It actually looks kind of exotic. I think maybe Brent didn't like it because he's just not used to seeing you with that color. Maybe?

It could be a lot worse! Good thing though, that when you don't like it, you can do something about it. Not like waiting a year for your hair to grow out!