Thursday, April 3, 2008

Just starting

Ok, so I've decided to jump on the blogwagon. Since I have never been one to write a journal, perhaps this can serve as one for my posterity.

Although I have been collecting scrapbooking materials for over 10 years now, I have very little to show for it. A couple of years ago I asked Jenny to put Jeff's scrapbook together for him. She made a couple of pages and gave up. I don't blame her. All she could do was put the photos on the page. She couldn't add any journaling because she didn't know anything about the pictures. Afterall, they were all of her big brother and I am the only one that can describe why I took those photos. I finally jumped in and started. I am proud to say that I have 4-two page spreads completed, journaling and all. It's a struggle because Jeff is now 28 and I have quite a few pictures to try to remember his age in. But I've started and that's what is most important.

My advise to all young mothers, keep track now! Don't let it build up until your children are grown. That's one of the good things about technology today. You can add to your blog anytime and it's there for all to see.

So, here I go... It's mostly for me.

4 comments:

The Brownings said...

Hooray! Didn't I do a good job helping you set this up!! Loves it!

Jessarella said...

Congrats! It is a great way to keep track of your friends and family, and be able to keep as a journal. At the end of the year, you can have it turned into a book. You can submit it online and then they mail you a book with all your pictures!

Mandy said...

I am so excited that you decided to join us all!!! It will be so exciting to share stories and pictures!!

Valerie said...

Yay! Welcome to the wonderful world of blog! I too, have a ton of scrapbook stuff, and love to scrapbook, but it's just too expensive and time consuming. This is so much easier. And here's a link for those blog books jessarella mentioned.
http://www.blurb.com/