Saturday, April 5, 2008

Bowling





























Brent's parents bought him a bowling ball when he was about 8 years old. They used to bowl all the time. I've never been good at bowling or any sports for that matter but I've always liked to bowl. For years, Brent has said, "we need to buy bowling balls for everyone so we can go more often". So... last Christmas, I finally bought myself a ball and shoes for me and Brent. We've been going every Saturday since then. I even bought a ball and shoes for Jenny so she could go with us. Kim decided to wait until after she has her baby before we get her a ball and shoes.

You'd think that after bowling once a week for 3 months, I'd get better. Not a chance! Jenny and I have been pretty close in our scores and Brent always beats us. He used to be pretty good, averaging around 175 and one game a few years ago, he even got 7 strikes in a row! Since his shoulder surgery last year, his balance is a little off. He's been averaging about 145. Friday, Brent and I went bowling. On our second game, I was ahead every single frame. I thought this was my day but low and behold, Brent got three strikes in the 10th frame and beat me by 3 pins! He just couldn't let me have my glory! Today we went with Jenny, her family and Kim and her family and guess what? Jenny beat Brent by 1 pin. I guess she may be getting better! Brent was happy for her, really. And Jach and Aubrey beat me!














2 comments:

Burrell said...

Hello Aunt Terrie! Welcome to the blogging world! I was so happy to see your posts. I love catching up with family and seeing what everyone is up to. It's such a great way to keep in touch. I will be a regular visitor!

The Brownings said...

I'm so coo! I beat my dad!! It's about time! It may have only been by 1 point but I did it.......and it will probably never happen again! Love you dad!